Ok...so a little miscommunication. I actually attended PRT (pivotal response training) today not Floortime. It was pretty enjoyable and informative. PRT is kind of like Discrete Trial toned down, initiated during play, and child interest driven. Plus all reinforcements are natural. I learned quite a bit. The only thing I was a bit confused about was the lack of visuals used. The trainers were from Kennedy Krieger and said that they use PRT with DTT and TEACCH. But I was not seeing many visuals or PECS books. So hmmmp. How to incorporate in the classroom. I will keep you posted on that one.
Getting excited for the big party this weekend (and possibly seeing my long lost friend Beth Reynolds)! Welcome home Neal! Now if Chris can just get home. His flight was canceled and now he is taking the red eye to an airport not close to home. Fingers crossed or I might have a mini meltdown tomorrow morning.
Good night for now.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment