Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crafting up a storm

One of my wonderful friends here in Arlington is having a baby in December...so my craftiness got the better of me, and I decided to whip up a quilt for their little one yet to arrive. They are excited to be waiting until the baby's big arrival to find out what they are welcoming to the world...so the colors are a fun mix that will hopefully grow with baby from infanthood through childhood! It was smooth sewing today...I pieced the whole front. Tomorrow I am going to fuse the batting, front, and back...then I will be quilting away. I am going to try a straight stitch to quilt the blanket...I have been reading some handy tips online about using painters tape to mark your quilting lines. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well. Then the final touch will be binding the whole thing together with the silky, soft, orange satin I scored at the fabric store.


Gotta love free time on the weekends...Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers